Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Lovely Challenged

Dear Gracie,
I LOVE my boyfriend; I couldn’t love him more, but lately it’s been hard staying away from him since we don’t go to the same school. I try to cope, but seeing these other couples makes me more depressed. Lately, in a club I am in, I’ve been talking to this senior, with whom I get along with really well. I found myself flirting with him, but I didn’t mean to! I feel him flirting back, even though I think he suspects I’m taken. Every day during our club activities, I can’t wait to see him, talk to him, to laugh with him…Do you see my predicament? I don’t really know my feelings for this guy, and it scares me that they will ruin my relationship with my boyfriend. I just wish I could realize if I like him or not. What should I do?
 -Lovely Challenged

 Dear Lovely Challenged,
The first step is sorting out your feelings. This can be difficult, but in order to solve the situation you need to know what you feel. Spend a day devoted to your boyfriend; see how much fun you have--if he still makes you smile and giddy inside, and how the day felt overall. If you felt none of those things when you were with him, it may mean that you have lost that original spark you had in the beginning of the relationship. Sometimes relationships die, it’s just that too many things get in the way or you grow apart or develop new interests. If this is the case, then you must communicate your feelings, or lack of, to him because things will just get worse later on. Once you sort out your current relationship then you can get to know this new guy better, but if you still feel the love you have for your current boyfriend then don’t give that up.
-Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Paw Print is the school newspaper of the Willow Canyon High School and is published as a cooperative effort of the newspaper class. Editorial content of the Paw Print expresses the view of the paper and not necessarily the administration, faculty or school board of the Dysart Unified School District. Bylined Editorial content expresses the opinion of the writer and not necessarily the staff or school administration. Letters to the editor are welcomed and must be signed for publication. Please submit letters and communications to Ms. Wargowsky.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP